Cayman Islands Real Estate Lawyers
Experienced real estate team in all aspects of real estate in the Cayman Islands, whether you are buying, selling, leasing, financing, re-financing or seeking to enforce security against real estate.
Our experienced real estate team is available to advice in all aspects of real estate in the Cayman Islands, whether you are buying, selling, leasing, financing, re-financing or seeking to enforce security against real estate.
We know that the purchase or sale of a home or business is a major step for many of our clients, and one which can involve some stress and a number of questions. Our team recognizes this, and by offering personalized and attentive service, assisted by good and close working relations with our local banks and realtors and surveyors, we can make your purchase or sale, a stress-free and pleasant experience.
Our expertise real estate expertise includes the following areas:
- Purchase and sale of real estate, including all types of residential and commercial properties, strata properties, and undeveloped land.
- Advising on pre-construction contracts.
- Working with developers to provide agreements prior to, during and in the post-construction phases.
- Drafting Strata By-Laws and advising on incumbrances on title.
- Advising on pre-contractual enquiries.
- Conducting due diligence searches in respect of property purchases.
- Liaising with local banks to assist with mortgage process.
Please refer to our real estate FAQ section for additional information.
Real estate FAQs
There are no restrictions on the purchase or ownership of real estate in the Cayman Islands.
There are additional requirements for ownership of multiple properties and the use of such properties. Our legal team is able to provide comprehensive advice on the requirements and procedure.
There are no property taxes or capital gains on real estate in the Cayman Islands. There is a one-time stamp duty of 7.5% of the purchase price or market value (whichever is higher as determined by the Department of Lands and Survey) payable by the purchaser at the time of purchase.
An attorney is able to guide you and advise you on the various aspects of your purchase, and should be consulted before you sign any agreement of purchase and sale. From pre-contractual enquiries to financing and the registration of title, our legal team is able to provide advice to make the whole process seamless and worry free.